What to Expect
What to expect at your first appointment:
- Provide dental insurance information prior to your appointment so we can verify benefits before your appointment.
- Please arrive with your new patient paperwork completed or arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete in office.
- Your first appointment will be approximately 90 minutes.
- We will take our own set of records that include x-rays, photos, periodontal charting (gum disease screening) and chart all existing restorative work (crowns, fillings, etc.)
- If time allows and in absence of periodontal disease (gum disease), we will complete your hygiene “cleaning” portion of the appointment.
- Dr. Todd or Dr. Kendra will complete a full/comprehensive exam and determine a treatment plan, if needed.
- Review dental benefits of treatment diagnosed and discuss financial payment options.
- Schedule appropriate future appointments that are needed for your dental needs.
What to expect at the first appointment for a child or adolescent patient:
- Children and adolescents will need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a caregiver with written parent permission.
- Please provide dental insurance information prior to the appointment so we can verify benefits before the first appointment.
- Please arrive with new patient paperwork completed or arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete in office.
- The first appointment will be approximately 1 hour.
- We will take our own set of records which includes any indicated x-rays for your child’s age, photos and charting of any existing work that has been completed.
- The hygiene portion of your child’s appointment will include prophylaxis (“cleaning”) and oral hygiene instruction.
- Dr. Todd or Dr. Kendra will complete a full/comprehensive exam and determine if any dental treatment is necessary.
- A review of the dental benefit will be completed for any recommended treatment, along with financial payment options with the parent or guardian.
- Any future appointments that may be needed will be scheduled at this time.