We recognize our community has been through a lot over the last several months, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When you arrive at our office, remain in your car and call the phone number on the sign at our front doors.
- A clinical team member will come get you if you are here for a general dentistry appointment. If you are an ortho patient, you will be called when the clinical team is ready and instructed where to go.
- Only patients will be allowed into the office for their appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. We will also be taking patients temperatures and asking COVID-19 screening questions.
- Once inside our office, things might look a little different, as we have increased our Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you. At this time, our reception area will not be utilized by patients.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.